Friday, February 6, 2015

Reading, Writing, and Blogging Goals for 2015


Hello there! 
Long time no blog! I feel horrendously sorry for my lack of activity on this blog, but I'm here to announce a change! The post is going to both explain my absence, and discuss what my 2015 reading, writing, and blogging goals are.

To begin, I'd like to explain my lack of posts. Basically, I've been going through a really bad reading slump that started during the summer, due to depression and life stuff. At first, I was able to get through several books, but over time I stopped being able to finish them, and soon couldn't even start new ones. It's been very rough, and I talk more about it in this video:
However! I am actively trying to overcome this slump! In fact, yesterday I started reading Lord of the Flies by William Golding. It is quite a small book, so I figured it's a good beginner to start getting back into the reading swing of things. I'm on page 86 as of this afternoon, but I plan on reading some more later.
So that's that! Now to discuss this year's goals!

Reading Goals:  Unfortunately, I did not reach my 2014 Goodreads goal of reading 50 books last year. However, I am not at all disappointed, as I did end up reading like 30! I knew when the slump hit, that I wouldn't reach my goal, but I was still very happy with the fact that having such a goal pushed me to read more than I would have otherwise. 

This year, I'm making my goal 40 books. Not sure if I'll accomplish that, depending how my reading (and life) goes, but it's a goal nonetheless. This year I want to truly enjoy reading. I'm not going to review every single book I read, because honestly, sometimes that takes the fun out of reading it.

I'm also going to try to read more of the books I already own, instead of buying new ones. Perhaps I'll do that Read 5 Buy 1 challenge thingy that I've seen some people do. That way, it's almost like a reward for reading! And plus I have like $40 of Barnes and Noble giftcards from Christmas and my birthday, hehe!


Writing Goals:  First of all, I want this blog to not only be a place to talk about reading, but also writing. I write all types of stuff, fiction, poetry (occasionally), non-fiction prose, etc. One of my goals in life is to become a published author. So I want to be able to talk about my writing and how it's going, and be able to communicate with other writers through this blog! Along with my reading slump, I also have been having trouble writing, so my writing goal is simply to write more! It doesn't matter what, just write! I have a notebook for writing little pointless pieces, and I also want to finish more stories. I have so many novel ideas floating around, and eventually this year, I want to get up the guts to actually write one.


Blogging Goals:  Of course, I want to be more present on this blog, as well as my art/lifestyle blog. I don't want this blog to solely be book reviews, which it started becoming. I want to just talk about books and writing on here. I want to join in on book related discussions. I also am going to talk about zines, which I have a whole post about. My overall goal for this blog is for it to be a fun place to discuss books, while remaining (somewhat) professional, with reviews and such. I want it to grow grow grow. I'm going to also become more a part of the book blogging community on here, and on Goodreads.

That's about all I have to say! Now, let me get back to reading. ^w^

No comments:

Post a Comment