Sunday, March 8, 2015

Weekly Reads and Writing #3


 I'm only making this post so late in the weekend because I was pushing to finish the book I was currently reading. And I did it! Hurray! This was also a very good writing week, so I can't wait to tell you about it!

I literally just finished reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murikami. (My review will be up tomorrow) What a lovely ending!   I really enjoyed this weird book. The next one I want to pick up by Murikami is Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World!


That is the only book I managed to finish this week, but I am very glad to have it done. Sometimes reading large books is intimidating and seems to take forever to finish, even if I'm enjoying it.

I am also really happy to have finished it, because that means I can read more books! And I'm almost positive that next I'm going to be picking up:







OR











Ah! I'm not sure which one I'll read first, but these two are definitely going to be read soon. I'm so excited for both of these!

 Sooo this week, I started writing my novel! Whoot! It isn't the one I thought I would be writing, but I am so stoked about this one. The idea had been ruminating for a while, and I think reading Obsidian and being unfulfilled in the alien aspect, I felt the need to write my own (better) alien novel! Surprisingly, the plot outline came so easily to me. I was struggling with my other outlines, but this one I put together in one sitting. I love the main character, she's just like an everyday bad-ass girl. Although I haven't reached the actual alien parts yet, I'm getting there! The alien planet has just been discovered and drama is happening in the main character, Aliyah's life. I am so pumped about this story!

Writing Stats:

Novel Started:  March 3, 2015
Total Word Count:  7,749


I'm honestly pretty proud of myself for writing so much so far. I'm doing far better than I have at any NaNoWriMos in the past few years. The first day alone I wrote over 3,000 words! On the fifth I only wrote about 200 words, and yesterday I was too busy to write any, but other than that I've been keeping up the word count.

Once I have a more solid story going, perhaps I'll share a short synopsis with you, as well as some info about the main character. For now, it is simply an alien novel, lol. I want to make sure I stick with the premise before I tell you anything major.

I hope you all had a great reading and/or writing week! If not, there's always next week to start again! I am very excited for the reading and writing I'll be doing this upcoming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment