Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekly Reads and Writing #4


This was a fairly successful reading week, I'd say. I got a bit of writing done, as well, even though it's not as much as I'd hoped.

Unfortunately, this weekend has been really sad. My 13 year old dog, Charlie, passed away on Saturday morning, so even though there were little snippets of bookish goodness in the day, I've been pretty sad, and unable to write the past two days.

But yeah, life goes on, and honestly, reading has helped distracted me.

This week I read the entirety of Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, which I have a review up for here. It was really good, even though it wasn't all that original. It took me less than 3 days to get through.


I am currently about halfway through City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, which I started on Wednesday. I'll be going to a book signing Cassandra will be at next weekend, and I have yet to read any of her books. So I decided I would start her Mortal Instruments series. Her writing is a lot like Holly Black's, which I absolutely love.


I'm very excited to read this series. I wish I had started it earlier. It's a really quick read, but full of little mysteries and awesome creatures. The characters are all really great so far. I also loved the cameo appearance of some of Holly's characters.

So overall, it's been a good reading week. As I said, I'm going to a book signing next weekend. Cassandra Clare and Holly Black are going to be there. Holly is one of my favorite writers ever, so I'm really nervous but excited to meet her and have her sign one of my books! Also, Andrew Smith and Kelly Link will be there, though I haven't read any of their work.

Writing has been slow this week, and even slower after my dog dying. However, I did get some work done.

Writing Stats

Words This Week: 3,488
Total Word Count: 11,223

I wrote a pretty tense scene involving the main character's dad this week. It wasn't the most fun to write, but it was necessary, so I'm glad I pushed myself to do it.

This week coming up, I plan on writing a lot more. However, I am going to mostly try to read as many of Cassandra and Holly's books, that I own, as possible. I'm super nervous about meeting them! But it's gonna be so cool- going to my first book signing. I checked out the bookstore it's gonna be at this weekend, and it was really lovely. If I bring a camera and snap some pics of the event, perhaps I'll make an entire post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment