Monday, May 11, 2015

Mental Health Awareness Week Readathon | May 2015


This week starts the Mental Health Awareness Week Readathon, which runs from May 11-17. This readathon takes place on Mental Health Awareness Week, and was created by Emma Petfield, in order to spread awareness of mental health through reading. Those participating are using the hashtag #MindfulReads, and Emma created a Goodreads group for this event, as well.

I decided to take part in this readathon because mental health is a big aspect of my life. I have both depression and anxiety, and I know a lot of people that also have various mental health disorders. Spreading awareness of these topics is so crucial because too many people believe that mental disorders aren't even real.

I also think that making a readathon out of this week is a brilliant idea, because often when we don't understand things, we read books to help us understand them. The same can be said about mental health. Reading is so important because it helps us become aware!

I made a whole video about it, including my TBR.

 

 If you don't want to watch my video, here is my TBR for the week.


memoir about depression
deals with eating disorders






















main character has OCD
deals with suicide and bullying
deals with suicide



I'll have a wrap-up post at the end of the week, but if you want to follow along with my progress, you can follow my Twitter, Youtube channel, and Goodreads, all of which have links on the left side of my blog page!

I hope you'll join in on this readathon. I'm so excited. I'm about halfway through Skinny already, and I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment